I was fortunate enough to spend a lot of time in Kyoto (and I would love for the chance to do it again).
This is from an archery contest in the New Year in Kyoto. Men and women who had turned 20 the previous year were ceremonially given a chance at this contest with traditional Japanese bows.
There were quite a few of them! And from what I remember this contest wasn’t open to just anyone who had turned 20 – they had to reach a certain level in their archery skills to even participate in this event.
Recently in Portfolio
- Rising Eye
- My Friend in the Snow in Yosemite
- Into the Unknown
- Bodie Ghosttown
- Onward and upward
- Hokkaido, Japan – Biei Patchwork Road
- Bicycle in the Snow in Kyoto
- Born Free
- Kyoto Cherry Blossoms
- Food Not Phones
- Girl Archers in Kyoto
- Hawaiian Sunset
- Lake Sabrina and the Eastern Sierra in the Morning
- There and Back
- Magnolia Flowers at Hakone Gardens
- Dark Forest
- Maple Leaves in Nara, Japan
- New Orleans Doors
- Yosemite Starry Winter Night
- Mount Whitney and the Eastern Sierra Under The Stars